Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Peonies!

My lovely peonies are blooming! They are definitely my favorite garden flowers--easy to take care of, bloom without trouble every year, and look and smell glorious! I am going out to pick a big bouquet and put it in Grammie's silver flower vase, which is the perfect size and shape and "Victorian" feel for peonies. I am sure your garden is yielding gorgeous roses by now, but we are a little behind you on the bloom time. Hubby is coming home this p.m., and we have a big weekend planned with more packing, soccer games, Sweetie's family b.d. party, and who knows what else! I'm thinking I'll make this chicken recipe for the party-delicious, easy, can be made for a few or a crowd:

Lemon-Feta Chicken

Drizzle a little olive oil in the baking pan. Turn boneless, skinless chicken breasts (however many you like) to coat. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top (I use 1/2 lemon for three whole breasts) , sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese, sliced green onion, black pepper, and dried oregano. Squeeze a little more lemon juice over all . Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees until done (about 35-45 minutes).

So great with a nice green salad and a little sauteed zucchini!

1 comment:

  1. I got Mom onto your blog yesterday and bookmarked it for her. Hope she goes often. She seemed to really enjoy it.
    Love, K

    ReplyDelete