Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Awake the Dawn



My heart is ready, O God,
my heart is ready.
I will sing, I will sing your praise.
Awake, my soul,
awake, lyre and harp,
I will awake the dawn.
                                                                                              Psalm 57

The dawn stretched her rosy-colored fingers softly upward, diffusing across the eastern sky.  The newly budded forest unfolded its tiny spring leaves against her pale light.  My heart sang with praise.  The world is the temple of God.  He enters it in glory as He once entered the Temple from the east, as the sun pierces the eastern sky every morning.  He is faithful, He is present.  All life and goodness flow forth from Him.  The Holy Spirit hovers daily over the world, filling it with life and grace as the swooping, darting birds fill the cool air of the morning forest with their songs.  




 He came to His own home, 
and His own people received Him not.
But to all who received Him,
who believed in His name,
He gave power to become the children of God.
                                     John 1:11-12 

Dear readers, I will not be posting any further studies until after the octave of Easter has passed, so that I may better prepare my heart to receive and praise Him, my Creator, Savior, and Redeemer. Have a blessed Holy Week and Easter Week! 

Next post the week of  May 1st. 

No comments:

Post a Comment